Thursday, August 30, 2012

Da Plane!


Hey E'rybody! Quick post----

I finally made it back to Taiwan! All it took was a ridiculous amount of hours and the use of my neck.I am glad I made it though.

My flights consisted of going to Phoenix and then to LA which I then sat in LAX for about 5 hours, eating McDonalds in the crowded International terminal alone and then eavesdropping on Chinese conversations (and doing a terrible job at it). Finally, it hit 5 o'clock and we boarded the plane to Taipei.

Well on this flight all of the usual stuff went on. They gave us meals, and I wriggled in my seat wanting my neck and back to just get the job done quick and kill me already (Good news, the seat next to me was empty so I was able to stretch). Then, after 13 hours, we landed in Taipei where the windows immediately fogged up from the humidity of death.

I got my baggage, close to last as usual, and got on a bus to Taichung. I was extremely tired and decided to take a nap since this ride was for two hours and they were playing the new 'Planet of the Apes' movie......which is terrible and worth missing. I finally made it and got a taxi to my dorm...found out I couldn't move in at night and then got in another taxi to a hotel (whose front lobby is on the top floor?).

Bottom line: I finally made it back to Taiwan and I am excited to start classes and travel and see what happens in the next 9 months!

~Clint

Good Morning, Taiwan

3 comments:

  1. "I wriggled in my seat wanting my neck and back to just get the job done quick and kill me already"

    LOLOLLLLLL I KNOW THAT FEEL

    "(Good news, the seat next to me was empty so I was able to stretch)."

    lucky.....hope you weren't stuck in a Cathay plane. good service, bad seats...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gawd grrrrl it was intense. I literally thought my neck was going to fall off. And about the empty seats...I was on the very back row and like towards the back of the plane there were just a few peepz. Like literally, on the whole row I was on (9 seats) there were only 3 including me, whaaaaa????

    ReplyDelete