Sunday, October 28, 2012

Obligatory Gay Post

Well guys. Long time no write anything because I am so terribly lazy/busy (if that is possible). Once again, let me apologize in advance for my terrible grammar annnnnnnndddddd let's start.

The Taichung Jazz Festival is happening right now and it has been a total blast to have the opportunity to go to it the last few days. This festival is two-weeks long and they have bands from all over the world that join in the festivities. First off, let me just say that I am aware that I live in a crowded city but lemme tell you....going to this festival just reaffirmed this fact. Me and my friends decided to go to opening night of the Jazz Festival, which was on a Saturday, and it was basically like those 'Where's Waldo' pictures where it is literally just a giant crowd of people who do not know the definition of personal space. We also went two other nights to this festival. One night was this band from Italy which we kinda missed because we took too long to eat dinner, and then this Friday was a band from France.

MINDBLOWN

Guys, I literally loved them. I mean, they were pretty attractive and to top it off they had this girl singing with them in a flapper dress. Needless to say it was pretty magical-ish. Here, just watch this video and it will explain everything

Taichung Jazz Festival

Friday was also really fun for another reason. At my Language Center they had a big Chinese Contest. Which by Chinese Contest I really mean it was a 'make the foreigners run around the University grounds to make foolz of dem-selves' Contest.' Honestly though, it was a really good time. What it was was a bunch of teams competing against each other in several different games that tested our Chinese abilities. For example, the first game our group tried out was the 'Chinese Tongue Twister' game. Yup, it sounds as hard as it was. My team was the best though. It was my classmates and I on one team and we decided to dress up as the 'Pink Pandas'. We were color coordinated and even had panda necklaces. Needless to say, we were the most stylish foreigners of them all. In the end we tied for 4th place and won some snacks....so I would say running around all day in the heat was totally worth that 4th place spot.

Next, I want to talk about yesterday a.k.a Saturday.

Me and my other American friend Terri woke up early Saturday morning and caught a bus to Taipei for the weekend. After a 2 1/2 hour bus ride we were pumped and ready for what was about to go down. We next traveled by MRT to meet up Terri's friends and go to a tea shop in the Ximending area of Taipei. Let's just say it was well worth the traveling because 1- the tea was delicious (and sugary) and B- we were literally sitting on bench swings in an aquarium/fish bowl themed restaurant. I still don't think you understand so let me repeat that. We were in a FISH BOWL THEMED restaurant. The atmosphere was great and not in the least bit fishy (see what I did there..pun and sarcasm all wrapped up into one). Next, we ended up eating at a noodle shop nearby that was owned by yet another one of Terri's friends. I had a big bowl of noodles and pork with a cheese-like soup and it was very delish. Then came time for the real reason we were here in Taipei.

TAIPEI GAY PRIDE 2012: Marriage Revolution — Equal Rights to Marriage, Diversity in Partnership.”  China Post

It was really cool you guys. It was my 1st Gay Pride I had ever been to and let me just say that I was so happy that Taipei Pride got to be my first.When we arrived to the big area that was roped off we saw that it was just a bunch of stands, a stage, and a bunch of happy, carefree people that were just there to have a great time. It was so cool to just be able to see everyone join in on the fun no matter where they were from. I also learned that this gay pride was also special in that no roads were blocked off for the parade. Needless to say, it was an exciting day and I was so glad and proud that I could take part in it. They were mah people! After that we went and got Mexican food, as one does, and just explored and wandered the streets of Taipei for the rest of the night.

Oh, and our hostel was completely decked out with leopard print. Classy.

Now, I have arrived back in Taichung writing a blog post with my declining English skills and with a mind that has literally slept a combined 5 or 6 hours within the past 2 days. So, I am sorry if this post does not reach your high standards but it will just have to do for now.

2 wonderful months down and 7 amazing more to go!

It's been real.

Here are some pictures:
Jazz Festival on Friday
Ditto

Da view
Italian Jazz Musician on Tuesday 10/23
French Band on Friday 10/26

Pink Pandas


Screaming Chinese Game

Water nomnomnom

We is so good


Woot woot, go us.


Japanese Style Noodle Bowl

Creep


Sexy

Friendddss

French Dudez

Taiwan Flag

Festivities
View of Taipei from our Leopard print Hostel







4 comments:

  1. I have to say that the festival sounds pretty fun! Although the food.....not so much. Looks kinda runny to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really fun festival! I didn't think that I liked Jazz as much as I did haha...and that food was delicious... all of the food is delicious... all of the time. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a crazy, busy and fun week! Nice pictures:)

    ReplyDelete