Sunday, February 3, 2013

Philippines 2013 (El Nido, Port Barton, Puerto Princesa and every, like, such as)

I am back to my home of Taiwan!

Well guys, the Philippines was an awesome adventure and it was basically as close as one could get to Paradise (or it could have been Paradise...idk)

Anyways lemme tell you a little bit about my trip....okkkkkkkk kewl.

The first part of our journey began with a 2 hour bus ride to Taipei, a few hours wait in Taipei, 2 hour flight to Manila, 5 hour wait in Manila, 1 hour flight to Purto Princesa, and finally a 5 hour van ride to El Nido. So after all of this we were finally in the Philippines. So for those of you who don't know where I went let me just put a map up......
We stayed 4 nights in El Nido.


And what did we do in the Philippines? Well a lot of sitting on the beach, swimming in the ocean, and hopping from island to island. Sounds perf to me.

Here are some preliminary pictures since I don't know how to fit them into my story.





Well Saturday and Sunday we just sat around El Nido on the beach and stuff and so I guess that is how I fit those pictures in... awkward.

Well on Monday we did an Island Hopping tour all day in El Nido. It was basically da most beautiful place evah. I was totally into it. We also saw some flying fish.. I know.. it is like a miracle from Jesus.

Tuesday- We were still in El Nido and we went to Los Cabanas beach basically all day and swam all up in there. It was really beautiful also. I have never swam in such clear/blue water O_O After that beach day we had dinner at this place and I had some really good Chicken Adobo at this restaurant called Squidos.

 

Wednesday- We took a boat from El Nido to Port Barton. Do you want to hear the most amazing part of this story? I lost my seasick medicine and still didn't get sick from the 5 hour boat ride. Well at the end of the boat ride the driver took us to an island first and we ate us some lunch. I am pretty sure that he just drops us off there because he gets commission or something if he brings people there to eat but it was good so whatevs. We then got a place at Summer Houses Hotel for 2 nights.

Thursday- WE did half a day of island hopping with this guy in Port Barton. We also did some snorkeling in the middle of the bay in this coral reef. GUYZ, it was the coolest snorkeling that I have done. I mean it was kind of poopy that it wasn't completely sunny at that point but it was still the best I have done. It was literally like I was P. Sherman and I was going to kidnap Nemo. I saw so many different kinds of fish... including Nemo and his parents (his mother is still living in this world) living in an anemenmoneee. Oh and then I saw a floating bag..which I then realized was a moving floating bag... which I then realized was a JellyFish....whcih then I realized there were two. Needless to say, I swam away. We then went to German Island a.k.a. rully small island and then another spot.

Friday- We decided that we should probably take a Jeepney back to Puerto Princesa so we for sure made our flight on Saturday night even though we REALLY loved Port Barton and wanted to stay one more night. Well we left in our Jeepney at 9 in the morning and it was about a 5 hour ride through the mountains and highways to the capital city...which at one point the hood of our Jeepney flew up and blocked our view of the road... but don't worry we survived. We then went to this hostel we found the night before on the internet and asked if they had a room. They did. It was a dorm room which we shared with 6 other people from around the world. It was really nice though and the managers were also really nice. That night we also got full body massages at this place up the road.

Saturday- We woke up in the morning and took a walk around town. We first went to the market which was cool and very different than the markets in Taiwan. Then we went back to our hostel and read our books until we decided that we needed to walk to the airport. Another story that I want to mention is that while everyone was waiting for their flights they had the t.v. going. Whelp, they started showing 'Wipeout' and it was funny because every time someone would fall our get hit in da face or whatevs so many people were screaming and going "OHHH".... it was comical guyz.

Sunday- We finally got back to Taipei and took a bus to Taichung. We then proceeded to sleep.

It was good.

BTW--about the pictures... since they are big files I just decided to upload them all at once instead of trying to dink around. Soooooo here they all are!

BYEEEEE :)


 In Airport Food Court drinking our last Bubble Tea's before we head off.

Me

Tour A in El Nido

El Nido

El Nido View

Port Barton View

Lunch on Island by Port Barton

First one from Utah at Hostel in Puerto Princesa

Puerto Princesa

Lunch on Island



Rainbow behind meh (El Nido)
Tour A

This is after we swam in thurr


Beautiful, amiright?

AMIRIGHT??!?!

El Nido tour still

Action Shot

Tour A
WHEEERRREEE'SSS AMANDA

Hidden
El Nido

At our hotel studying Chinese and reading Sherlock Holmes before sunset.

Los Cabanas Beach in El Nido

Swim Swim

ANTM

Poise

Sexy Pose

Chicken Adobo

Shrimp Sinigang

Changing Propeller on da boat

Leaving El Nido

Port Barton Dinner

treeee

Can you tell where I got sunburned?

Crabsbsbsbbsbs

Verena on our half-day island hopping in Port Barton

Sunset in Port Barton

NOM NOM NOM

Port Barton





El Nido


Jeepney to Port Barton

Puerto Princesa Market

FRUIT

Shirtless dude watching fruit

Airport Pancakes

Airport Sandwich (Chicken and Asparagus)






 I know the pictures are out of order and also there aren't A TON. But that is because the files for the pics are sooooo LARGE and take forever to download. So you may see a few here and there on my Facebook and/or on this blog... so keep watch.

Anyways, I am happy to get back to learning Chinese and I can't wait for class tomorrow.

Wish you all well!

-Clint

P.S. I saw flying fish... BOOM.

I didn't proofread.







2 comments:

  1. Sounds like an awesome trip! Love all the pictures. It looks so pretty and the water is so clear!

    ReplyDelete